34 HubSpot Ideas for Making Good Use of TwitterPosted on September 22, 2015@mmonigeria
Twitter is one of the leading social networking site. And no doubt, many people are making good use of it for their business or for personal usage. Many have more than one Twitter account, some have only one while many others are yet to start. If you are yet to be on Twitter, I guess you should get right in today.
Responding to Twitter Followers
1. Check your @replies regularly with a Twitter client e.g. Tweetdeck. Reply to your users’ questions.
2. Assign tweets to an appropriate team member who can answer followers’ question if you cannot. (for business accounts)
3. Offer to receive email from community members if they have further questions.
4. Have a blog post answering FAQ’s that you can refer to. Link to it regularly.
5. If you work in a regulated industry, pre-write 140-character responses to common questions that are pre-approved by stakeholders. This will enable you to still engage in real time with those who are asking questions.
6. Use “@Reply” in the very beginning of a tweet to someone if you only want your followers who follow them to see the tweet. Add words or a character in front of the @reply if you want all of your followers to see the tweet.
7. If a conversation turns into a heated debate, know when to take it off of @reply and use direct messages (DMs).
8. Thank people who comment on and share your blog posts.
9. Thank people who share your webinars and ebooks.
10. Write as you would write in regular conversation. Use emoticons and exclamation points. Write in first person. (Examples: “I’m sorry.” “We’re excited.”) It shows that an actual human is behind the Twitter account.
11. Find and follow your competitors’ followers using FollowerWonk. Learn from them, and tweet the types of content and hashtags they care about.
12. Use a separate Twitter app on your phone for your personal account and for your business’ account to avoid posting content meant for your personal account on your business account.
13. Add UTM codes to your tweets to track your referring traffic from Twitter in Google Analytics.
14. If you’re tweeting as part of a webinar or Twitter chat, kindly alert your followers and recommend that, if they don’t want to see your tweets, to use Proxlet to mute you.
15. Use SocialBro to identify demographic information about your Twitter followers. Learn factors like nationality and gender, and participate in relevant holidays. (Example: Happy Boxing Day to our Canadian followers!)
16. Measure your click-throughs on the links you share with bitly. Replicate the kind of language you use in those tweets to increase engagement from your followers.
17. Don’t wait for Google Alerts. Maintain and monitor a Twitter list (in a Twitter client) of the actual publications and companies that matter most to your industry and community. When news breaks about your industry, you’ll be the first to share it. This builds authority.
Sharing Your Blog Content
18. Post tweets of your blog posts. Use a variety of headlines, and test what drives the most click-throughs.
19. Schedule tweets of blog posts on the weekends, as people read on the weekends, too. Also, post tweets of blog posts at night, as this targets people in other time zones.
20. If your blog post is a list of tips, offer one tip with a link to the post as a “teaser.”
21. If you feature tools or other companies in your blog posts, Cc them on the tweets to let them know so they retweet your content.
22. If you have evergreen content on your blog, don’t be afraid to schedule tweets of those older blog posts. A few months later, they will still be valuable to your audience, and your readers may have missed them the first time.
Incorporate Other Platforms
23. Let your Twitter followers know about a great contest or discussion happening on your Facebook page or LinkedIn group, and invite them to be a part of it. Don’t beg for Likes and members, though. (It’s annoying.)
24. Share your email newsletter on Twitter. Invite people to sign up for your newsletter by sharing a link to the landing page where they can sign up.
25. Do a Twtpoll. Ask your followers a question, and use the results for blog content.
26. Participate in relevant Twitter chats related to your community.
27. Don’t cross-post your content to Facebook and LinkedIn. They are different platforms; treat them individually.
28. If you’re working on a blog post, ask your community members for help. Reach out to them, and ask for their tips. It shows there’s a person behind the Twitter account.
Create Original Tweets
29. Offer a daily tip just for your Twitter followers.
30. Tell a joke or a riddle.
31. Use pictures. Show what you’re working on. Offer a behind-the-scenes look. Take a picture at a conference or event.
32. Ask your followers a question or for their opinion on a relevant topic. Collect the tweets with Storify, and use them for a blog post.
33. Use #FollowFriday to shine the light on your most engaged community members.
34. Do a “special edition” #FollowFriday and give it a theme. Group special community members together for a specific reason, trait, or contribution to the community.
To learn more about Twitter and/or Social Media, please read through our previous posts or through the related posts listed further below. You should also subscribe with your email address, RSS, follow me on Twitter, become my friend on Facebook, become my friend on Linkedin and become my fan at www.facebook.com/jadesojiadegbulu so as to get more posts about delivered to you as soon as they are made available here.
Also, we love comments. Feel free to share your comments on what you have gained from this post, what you would do with this post or any further explanation you need. You can do this using the comment boxes provided below. Also, feel free to share this post so that more people can have access to the effective information contained in it. This you can do by using the sharing tools by your left.
To your Twitter Success
5 Top Posts This Week
- Advertise on Make Money Online Nigeria under Featured
- Increase Income from Your Blog with Superlinks under Blogging Tips
- UPDATE: Top Blogs in Nigeria and How they Make Money Online under Blogging Tips
- 3 Ways to Operate Your GTBank Account from Your Mobile Phone under Mobile Marketing
- How to Order Items Online At Cheap Prices from Nigeria under How to