The Benefits of Guaranty Trust Bank Token
If you run an online business, one tool you need to add to your tools is the ability to do internet banking. This would save you the time wasted on Banking hall queues and also the money for transportation to your bank whenever you want to pay for a product or a service. In 2010/2011, GTBank introduced a device called ‘Token’. This device helps to increase the security of your internet banking account. That should minimize your fears with the stigma that comes with online transactions.
If you don’t have any idea of what Guaranty Trust Bank token means, please read What is GTBank TOKEN? It will help your knowledge a great deal. After which you should come back to finish up this article. If you know what GTBank token is, please read ahead. In this post, you will find the benefit of the token. This would help you get yours and use it to the maximum.
The major benefit of the GTBank token is that, with it, you would be able to add/update your internet banking services. This means that, with the GTBank token, you would be able to use more internet banking serives than someone who doesn’t have any token. With Guaranty Trust Bank Internet Banking token, you no longer need to visit any of GTBank’s branches to request for additional Internet Banking service(s) on your profile. You can now add or remove Internet Banking services on your profile and it takes immediate effect.
This is a list of the services on the GTBank internet banking platform you can add with the help of your GTBank token.
1. Balance Enquiry: View book and available balances on your account(s)
2. Transaction Details: Display transactions on your account for a specified date range
3. Own Account Transfer: Transfer funds between your accounts
4. Pre-registered Transfer: Transfer funds to your regisered beneficiary (GTBank A/C holders).
5. Cash In Transit: Transfer funds to a named beneficiary, which can be collected at any specified GTBank branch.
6. Draft In Transit: Request for draft issuance for a named beneficiary, which can be collected at any specified GTBank branch.
7. Password Change: Enables you change your Internet Banking password. password must be numeric and minimum of 4 digits 12
8. Account Statement: Enables you to display statement for any of your profiled account for a specified period. It also provide the option to export to Excel or PDF format
9. Stop Cheque: Allow you to stop cheque that you have issued from being paid
10. Confirm Cheque: Enables you to confirm your cheque online without the need for the bank to call you for confirmation
11. Exchange Rate:
12. Bill Payment: Online bill payment. Onine payment is currently available for MTN Postpaid, Starcomms Internet Service, HITV etc
13. Personal Details: Enables you change your profiled phone number
14. Transfer to any GTbank A/C: Enables you to transfer from your profiled accounts to any other GTbank A/C holder up to a maximum of N5,000,000.00 cummulative transfers per day. Hardware token is required to complete the transaction
15. Transfer to Other Banks: Enables you to transfer from your profiled accounts to another account in other banks up to a maximum of N5,000,000.00 cummulative transfers per day. Hardware token is required to complete the transaction
16: Standing Order to GTBank A/C: This feature enable you to setup a direct debit instruction on any of your profiled account to credit another GTBank account for a preset amount and duration
17. Standing Order to Other Bank(s): This feature enable you to setup a direct debit instruction on any of your profiled account to credit an account in another Bank for a preset amount and duration
18. Add Service(s): This function allow you to add or remove any of the Internet Banking services (i.e. Third party transfer, cheque confirmation etc) from your profile without going to any of our branches to request for it.
19. Airline Ticket Payment: Airline Ticket Payment. Airlines include British Airways, Lufthansa and Delta Airlines. Customers are expected to have booked for the flight on the Airline Website to obatin their flight details before making payment on Internet Banking.
20. Transfer to GTHomes: Enables GTBank Customers transfer directly to their GTHomes account
21. Import Duty Payment: Enables you pay for your customs duties online. A reference number is generated at the end of the transaction, which you take to any of our branches to print your receipt.
22. FX Sales: Allow you to sell your foreign currencies in exchange for the Naira without physcially coming to the bank, and your Naira account is credited immediately. You can sell up to a maximum of 50,000.00 dollars or its equivalent per day.The exchange is done at the current bank rate(s).
23. View Card Activation Code: View your Activation code required to register your MasterCard/Visa Card. The registration will enable you carry out online transactions using your MasterCard or Visa Card on Secured MasterCard or Visa Card merchant websites.
24. FX Transfer to any GTBank A/C: Enables you to transfer FX from your profiled domiciliary accounts to any other GTbank domiciliary A/C holder up to a maximum of $10,000.00 or its equivalent per day.This service is available under the transfer group menu.
25. FX Transfer to other Banks With this function, you can request for FX Transfer to any pre-registered beneficiary account in other banks, including off-shore bank. This service is available under the request group menu. You require a token to pre-register and initiate an FX transfer request
26. Visa Fee Payment: You can pay for your U.S. Visa fee online. Your payment receipt is automatically sent to your registered mail box, and it is also available for download at any time. You require a hardware token to complete the transaction.
27. Instant Payment to Other Banks
28. NEFT Debit Confirmation
29. Pre-Paid Card: Pre-Paid Fuel Card
Now you have read through 29 benefits of the Guaranty Trust banking. If any of the service above appeals to you, I’m recommending that you should get a Guaranty Trust Bank token from the branch nearest to you. Walk into any GTBank branch near to you and ask any customer care staff about the GTBank token.