How to Create Real Passive Income Online from Affiliate Marketing

The only way to be truly wealthy is to have a number of different sources of passive income. Passive income is defined as that income that does not require active participation in a business. This is exactly why so many people want their own membership site. It seems like the ideal business model to create something that will bring new money over and over. But a membership site is NOT passive income.

make-money-with-affiliate-marketingSure the money comes in every month but unless you fill that site with new valuable content, you will lose your paying members in droves. Membership sites take lots of work. You have to maintain high quality content to keep your members happy and also have to monitor the site. If you have incorporated a forum, you will need to either moderate this yourself or outsource it to others (usually either at a cost or on a revenue share).

So let’s get started…

Promote Affiliate programs that has recurring payment plans.

The beauty of the residual income affiliate programs are that you can get all the benefit of a recurring monthly site without actually having to run one yourself. I believe that promoting residual income affiliate programs is the best way to create REAL passive income online. You do the work once and you get paid over and over again.

I promote some affiliate programs which I make recurring passive income from. Some of these products/programs are Web4Africa and Virtual Terminal Network. You can check them out. You should also look out for recurring income programs that sell an ongoing product, sell an ongoing service or those that offer a combination of both.

Where Do I Find These Recurring Commission Programs?

The following is just a short list to get you started:
Google – Simply search for “Your Niche + Recurring Affiliate Program”
Warrior Forum

Things to Look out for When Choosing a Recurring Affiliate Program

1. Consider the quality of the product/service/membership.
2. Look through forums, and see if you can find any reference to the company offering the affiliate program.
3. The commission payments
4. The level of competition
5. What you can get together in terms of items for your bonus package.
6. What is the need, or the potential use of the product/service?
7. Marketing material

How To Promote Recurring Affiliate Programs

Promoting recurring income products is not too easy, but it’s not too hard either. There are a number of basic differences between selling products as a once off, and obtaining customers that are willing to pay repeatedly. In order to have the leverage so you can convince the visitor to take action, you will have to go the extra mile. You will have to do more, but you must also keep in mind that the rewards are much more – so it’s well worth it!

1. Ideally, you will have to become a consumer yourself. Once you become a consumer of the product, service or membership you want to sell, a few things happen: Firstly, as a consumer you have the authority to speak from experience. Having used the service or product yourself, you are in a trustworthy position to relay your knowledge and experience to other prospective consumers. If you consume whatever you are selling yourself, your prospective customers will be much more likely to take your word when you describe the benefits you have experienced.

You will be able to obtain detailed knowledge of the product or service. In time, your knowledge will enable you to define different centers of value that you can use in your marketing efforts. You will be able to pinpoint features and benefits that are not commonly known, and use that to give the customer a different perspective, or a better perspective on what you are offering. You will also be able to communicate new additions and features to those people on your list that have not signed up yet. You will be able to use these new improvements and additions as leverage to get more people to sign up, as well as using it as an excuse to mail your list.

You would be glad to know this blog is hosted by web4africa and we also use VTN.

2. Have a list – yes, well, OK…This phrase is probably coming out of your ears by now. Unfortunately, it’s still the most efficient way of turning visitors into customers. Look at it from the consumer’s point of view:

a. You want the consumer to spend money – a reasonable amount of money.
b. The consumer has reservations or fears.
c. In order to overcome these reservations, you need to build trust.
d. In order to build trust, you need to build a relationship.
e. In order to build a relationship, you need a means of regular communication.
f. At this point in time, the only way of communicating with prospects without any interferences or distractions, is by sending a private message or an e-mail.

By applying an autoresponder e.g Aweber, you can schedule messages to be delivered at times that suit you, or at preset intervals, calculated from the moment of sign up But why exactly should you build a list ? You may be surprised at the mathematics and the possibilities that it opens up!

b>Getting people to buy from YOU

You always need to have a reason why people should buy from you. Simply offering the service or product or membership is not enough by itself, because frankly, the visitor can access it in a number of other different places. You have to have some form of leverage to get the prospect to take immediate action.

At the end of the day, it comes back to human nature – What’s In It For Me…

If you want the prospect to buy the service or product through you, you simply have to provide a reason why it would be better to do so. Always remember that most choices in life are made by applying emotion. Afterwards, the decision can be justified by the application of logic. The logic, however, is merely an afterthought because the decision was already made,
based on emotion.

You have only two basic emotions to work with:

1. Gaining pleasure, and
2. Avoiding pain.

95% of people make their decisions according to these emotions. You may also have noted that 95% of all people are stuck in a comfort zone. The remaining 5% (which is the successful portion of the population), make decisions based on logic. The fact that you are reading this leads me to believe as that you are one of the 5%. However, Your target market will mostly be the other 95%. Even if you are selling Internet marketing related products or services, you will still find that 95% of your customers will never take action, and will never get anywhere.


Originally posted 2012-04-10 13:00:00.