Important Details for Creating a Facebook PagePosted on June 19, 2019@mmonigeria
If you own an online business or you are a blogger and you want to increase your customers base and the number of people in your network, then Facebook Page is VERY essential for you. It has helped many businesses increase their customers/clients thereby increasing their profits. Facebook Page still has the capability to do more for your online business.
Here are a few important things to consider when creating your Page.
1. Choose a well thought name for your page.
Once it’s created, you can’t change it back. You wouldn’t want to make that mistake. One more thing is that Google crawls Facebook and puts whatever it sees on Facebook on their search results. So whenever someone searches for a keyword related to the name of your Facebook Page, he/she should be able to see your Facebook Page listed on the results.
2. Decide what kind of picture you would use.
This can either be a logo, or a picture of you. This is really up to you, but think about this, if you were a fan of a website or a blog, which would you rather interact with? A logo, or the actual person you’re engaging in conversation with? Let that determine what type of picture you would use.
3. Make your Page lively before you try and get fans.
This is simply because you won’t get any fans if you have a blank page wall. Write different stuffs that will make people have interest in you and your Facebook Page.
4. As soon as you get 25 fans, you should change the URL of your to something easier to remember.
It’s a lot easier to say, “check out www.facebook.com/mmonigeria”, instead of “check out www.facebook.com/pages/mmo-nigeria/823209830453 or whatever your URL was the first time you created the Fan Page. You can customize the URL by going to https://www.facebook.com/username. Again, put some thought into the customized URL. Most likely, the same address as your blog or your name will be your best option. That depends on what or who you are promoting.
Follow these steps to choose a username for your fan page;
1. Make sure you are an admin of the fan page
2. Go to https://www.facebook.com/username/
3. You would be asked to ‘enter a desired username’. You should use what people will remember easily
4. Click on ‘Check Availability’ and click on ‘Confirm’
5. You will get a message. Read it and click on Okay
6. Simply direct people to the link you have just created.
5. The Facebook Landing Page
If there’s one thing you take away from this post, this is it. In order to convert people who head over to your Page into fans, you must use a landing page. Without it, new visitors will be taken straight to your wall, which is ugly and doesn’t really tell people exactly what to do. They’ll see all of the conversations going on, links and pictures everywhere and they’ll probably end up leaving because they have no clue what to do, or what’s in it for them to become a fan.
You can create a special area on your Page, a landing page, that only new visitors will see first. You can put whatever you want on this page, including exactly what your blog is about, why they should become a fan, and exactly how to become a fan as well. If you have a newsletter or some type of free gift for an opt-in / email list you’re building, you can easily throw that in there too. You basically have a blank html page (about 760 px wide) to work with, so it’s up to your imagination. To show you the difference…
Originally posted 2011-01-18 14:00:49.
5 Top Posts This Week
- Advertise on Make Money Online Nigeria under Featured
- UPDATE: Top Blogs in Nigeria and How they Make Money Online under Blogging Tips
- 3 Ways to Operate Your GTBank Account from Your Mobile Phone under Mobile Marketing
- How to Spot Viable Business Opportunities in Nigeria under Entrepreneurship
- How to Order Items Online At Cheap Prices from Nigeria under How to