Enter for The First Ever African Blogger Awards
The African Blogger Awards aims to acknowledge talented African social media influencers, bloggers, YouTubers and Instagrammers. Judging is done by impartial blog metrics. Not by vote farming. These awards provide an opportunity to the most successful online influencers in Africa to be recognised for their hard work in growing and keeping their communities active and engaged.
The aim is to broaden the industry for bloggers in Africa and allow brands to see the value in blogging as a marketing platform. This is how the African Blogger Awards works:
- Entrants need to enter their blog or social account in order to qualify for the awards (ensuring that social platforms and analytics are correctly linked to Webfluential so that judging can commence). Please note: All site statistics and information will at no point be shared or open to the public. The platform also offers a full SSL certificate which protects all the data which is fully encrypted. We merely use this tool to measure one blog against another.
- The team behind the African Blogger Awards will verify each and every entry, making sure that the content is relevant to the category it’s entered into.
- Entrants continue posting to their social channels so that the analytics are authentic.
- There is no requirement for requesting votes from followers. The Webfluential algorithm will measure blogs traffic, engagement and compare it to others in the same category.
- The winners will be announced on the 14th of April 2014. Each winner will receive a web banner for boasting rights on their blog, a trophy that will be couriered and possible additional sponsored prizes.
An overall award for Africa’s Top blogger, Top Instagrammer and Top YouTuber will be announced on the 18th of April 2014. This will be decided based on the most successful analytics.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The will be a live tweet of the winners from 11.00am CAT on the 14th of April 2014. Keep your eyes locked on the handle to see if you are a winner!
The African Blogger Awards aims to recognise and honour the best bloggers on the continent in the fairest way possible: by measuring their actual influence and traffic. By tracking each blog’s specific engagement, readership and then compare that to the other blogs in the same category, the award jdges can ascertain a winner. These analytics are done using a platform called Webfluential. Registration on this platform will be part of the blog entry process.
Please note: Your site statistics and information will at no point be shared or open to the public or sponsors. The analytics platform offers a full SSL certificate protecting all the data, which is fully encrypted.
The African Blogger Awards winners will receive the status and bragging rights as one of the top bloggers on the African continent. Having this title opens you up to better relationships with brands, and ultimately gives you the opportunity to make more money from blogging. Winners will also receive a trophy with their personalised winning title engraved. Customised (to category) banners will be provided to all the winners.
To get started, you need to enter your blog and also signup with Webinfluential.