2014 Financial Literacy Summit by VISA Inc
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and VISA host annual summit to improve global financial literacy and education. I am inviting you to the 2014 financial literacy summit which is titled “Providing Financial Literacy Resources to the Unbanked and Underbanked“. It comes up on April 2, 2014 by 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Central Time. If you are concerned about your personal and business finance, this is a summit you need to plan to attend and then attend.
Unbanked: “The unbanked are adults who do not have their own bank accounts. They are characterized by people who have no banking facilities at all” – Wikipedia.
Underbanked: “The underbanked are people or businesses that have poor access to mainstream financial services normally offered by retail banks” – Wikipedia.
What are the unique financial literacy needs of the unbanked and underbanked?
This will be the focus of the Financial Literacy Summit on April 2, 2014 in Chicago, IL. The eighth annual conference, co-hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Visa Inc., brings together senior international financial literacy experts from governments, the financial services industry, NGOs, the news media and academia to discuss potential solutions to improving financial literacy globally for the unbanked and underbanked.
Who should attend the Financial Literacy Summit?
- Government policymakers from economic and education arenas worldwide, including regulators and lawmakers
- Non-governmental organization leaders
- School administrators and educators teaching financial literacy
- Members of international and regional economic organizations
- Charitable foundations that support community and economic development
- Academics researching or developing financial literacy curricula
- Journalists covering personal finance, economics, government and education
Key questions that will be addressed
- What are the biggest challenges we face when it comes to improving financial literacy, both domestically and internationally, for the unbanked and underbanked community?
- Given that the unbanked and underbanked have unique economic and financial literacy challenges, how do we find solutions to improving their capabilities globally?
- What are the most effective international financial literacy solutions in place today?
- How can mobile technology play a key role in reaching the unbanked and underbanked?
- What more can financial services companies do to create relevant products for the unbanked and underbanked?
- What government policies need to be changed?
- How can government, NGOs, the private sector and educators work together to implement an effective, coordinated strategy for reaching the unbanked and underbanked and equipping them with the necessary tools and resources to gain access to the financial system?
To attend the financial literacy summit, you can either register to watch the summit webcast OR register to attend the summit in person
I’ve registered for the online webcast version and I’m going to be attend the financial literacy summit. You too can attend for free.