YouWiN Grant to Small Businesses in Nigeria
The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) programme is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development that will launchs an annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) for aspiring young entrepreneurs in Nigeria inorder to get grant to small businesses in Nigeria.
YouWiN is a N50 billion seed fund for job creation which is designed to tackle youth unemployment in the country. YouWiN! is a Project of the Federal Government of Nigeria…supporting innovative business ideas. YouWin is a business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
How to get Grant to Small Business in Nigeria
Another round of YouWiN business plan competition starts on the 25th of November, 2013. To get started, you need to be a Nigerian citizen aged between 18 – 40 years; have post secondary education; have a proposed business idea that will operate in Nigeria and employ Nigerians and you need to apply online.
The YouWiN competition will follow the timeline below.
- 1st stage applications open
- Successful 1st stage winners notified
- Training starts for 1st stage winners
- Second stage applications open
- Second stage applications close
- Second stage winners notified
- Presidential award ceremony
Please take note of the following;
- The competition is open to all types of businesses as long it is viable and has a demonstrable capacity to create jobs.
- For existing businesses, you must be registered with CAC. For new business ideas, you do not have to be registered with CAC. However, sponsors of new businesses that win awards in this competition will be required to register fully with CAC prior to receiving any award funds.
- The number of application is limited to one per person.
- You can only submit one business idea.
- Registration is free.
- You will be notified once you register. If you are selected, you will also be notified of the next steps.
- Award recipients will receive between 1,000,000.00 (One million Naira only), and N10,000,000.00 (ten million Naira only), depending on their business needs.
- You will be paid by installments based on pre-agreed project targets and employment creation over a one year period.
- Your ideas are safe. Everybody that has access to applications has signed a non disclosure agreement. It is also safe from potential internet hackers as the website is secured with the best internet security.
To get started, you need to apply on YouWin’s website. Make sure you follow the application’s instruction. If you have any question about this, please use the comment form below to ask your questions. You will get a reply.