Search Engine Optimization Tips You Should Work Out on Your Blog
As long as you want people to search on major search engines and locate your blog, you need to pay a big attention to search engine optimization (SEO). If you do not know what the phrase is, it simply means making your blog easily visible on major search engines. The benefit of this is that you get a lot of targeted and free traffic to your blog. You also sell more of your ads, products and services. This is because the person who finds your blog on search engine was really looking for something related to what you have on your blog.
Below are the first part of the tips you need to read through and act upon immediately.
1. Put your blog’s main keywords in the TITLE META TAG of your page. Separate your keyword phrases with the “|”or “-” character. Your page title makes a huge impact to your SEO ranking.
2. Focus on targeting KEYWORD PHRASES rather than single word keywords. There could be millions of pages on the Internet that contain a single-word keyword and searching for one brings untargeted results. If your page is about online business, then that’s the keyword phrase you want to focus on.
3. Get links from authority sites in your niche linking back to your site. Submit your site to quality directories such as Yahoo, DMOZ, Aviva, Best of the web etc
4. Get quick links back to your website by posting comments on relevant blogs. With your comment include a link back to your site. Use one of your main keywords as your link text.
5. Include the META Keyword tag in the HEAD section of the HTML source code of your website but keep your the keyword list to less than 10 phrases.
6. Content Is King – Consistently adding new unique content to your website will ensure that your website will live longer at the top of the search engines. In addition, fresh content will bring regular interested readers back to your site.
7. Anchor Text – The words that other sites use within the text of their links to you (called the anchor text) play a major role on how your site ranks for those words. Keep this in mind when you build links pointing back to your site
8. Use HEADER tags (H1, H2, H3) – Add an < h1 > header tag toward the top of your page and place our most important keyword phrase there. Include your secondary keywords in H2 and H3 tags.
9. A website usually ranks higher for the keywords that exist in its domain name. So if you are building a new website, keep this in mind and get a keyword-rich domain.
10. Interlink Your Own Pages – Make all the pages on your website easy to be found by the search engines. Search engines send a small program called the “spider” to follow all the links on your site to find other pages. Help them by interlinking your pages. Also having a SITEMAP is very useful in helping all your pages being found.
For more tips, read through the remaining parts of search engine optimization tips
I guess you love this post? If you do please share it with your friends who needs more tips about search engine optimization.
Originally posted 2013-10-15 10:00:35.