New Search Engine Optimization Tips You Should Work Out on Your Blog – Part 2
The usefulness of search engine optimization (SEO) to your blog cannot be overemphasized. If you don’t know your way around it, you are definitely going to suck at traffic generation to your blog. And when you don’t, you won’t be making any returns on the investment of your time and money. You can hire an SEO expert to do the job for you or you can choose to work out SEO for your blog yourself. This continuation of a series on new search engine optimization tips will open up more tips for you. The tips will help you a great deal.
These are more tips…
11. Make Clever Use of alt image tags – It’s wise to use relevant images on your content pages. When you do, set the “alt image tag” to be one of your relevant keyword. Warning: Don’t use the alt tag on IRRELEVANT images such as images you use in your website design. You should vary the “alt” text a little from image to image to avoid them being seen as spam
12. Use keywords in the file names of your html files and images. WARNING: if the image depicts something irrelevant to the keyword you used to name it, could hurt you. So name irrelevant images using numbers or random character strings (i.e. images you use for your website’s design)
13. While not recommended for SEO, If you MUST use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, you should ALSO put text links somewhere on your page for the spiders to follow.
14. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrases as the link text. WARNING: Do not build links back to your site from UNRELATED websites or websites with questionable content.
15. PageRank is still a part of Google’s ranking algorithm but not as big as it used to be. Relevance is more important when building links back to your site. In other words, it’s generally better to get a PR3 link from a very relevant site than a PR5 link from a completely unrelated webiste.
16. Don’t use “Click Here” when linking to your website. Try to always use one of your keywords as the link text.
17. Use locations in your text when you refer to your business assets. For example: instead of saying “Visit our Showroom”, use “Visit our Redondo Beach Showroom in California” – this will give you a boost in local search results.
18. However lucrative this may be to you, do NOT design a flash website if you want organic SEO. Search Engines read text NOT flash. Also, flash intros are a bad idea for SEO (and for sales in general)
19. Decide if you want to use “www” in front of your domain name or not. After you choose, REDIRECT THE OTHER ONE to the one you chose to use using 301 redirect. (if you prefer to use https://www.your-site.com then make https://your-site.com redirect to https://www.your-site.com)
20. Check your website pages for any links to your home page. Is index.html or default.php appended to your domain name? If so, change your internal home page links to point to your domain directly without the file name added at the end.
For more tips, read through the remaining parts of the new search engine optimization tips
I guess you love this post? If you do please share it with your friends who needs more tips about search engine optimization. You should also subscribe to this blog if you have not been receiving updates in your email address. Make sure you check your email address after subscription so that you can active your subscription immediately.
Originally posted 2011-05-05 07:00:56.