SMEDAN Zonal Office Locations and Zonal Coordinators
The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) was established by the SMEDAN Act of 2003 to promote the development of the MSME sector of the Nigeria Economy. The Agency positions itself as a One Stop Shop for MSME Development. Micro Enterprises are included in the clientele of the Agency since they form the bedrock for SME’s
SMEDAN’s VISION: To establish a structured and efficient micro, small and medium enterprises sector that will enhance sustainable economic development of Nigeria
SMEDAN’s MISSION: To facilitate the access of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs and investors to all resources required for their development. Justification for our existence. Poverty, due to lack of access to income earning opportunities and lack of capacity to take advantage of the opportunities, is a social malaise that is threatening global prosperity in general and national economic growth and development in particular. a well developed MSMEs sector has proven to be one of the most veritable channels to combat poverty. The establishment of SMEDAN is therefore justified by the need to trigger the development of Nigeria’s MSMEs in a structured and efficient manner.
The mandate of SMEDAN as contained in the enabling Act can be summarized as follows:
- Stimulating, monitoring and coordinating the development of the MSMEs sub-sector;
- Initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises growth and development;
- Promoting and facilitating development programmes, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations;
- Serving as vanguard for rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creation and enhanced livelihoods;
- Linking MSMEs to internal and external sources of finance, appropriate technology, technical skills as well as to large enterprises;
- Promoting and providing access to industrial infrastructures such as layouts, incubators, industrial parks;
- Intermediating between MSMEs and Government [SMEDAN is the voice of the MSMEs];
- Working in contact with other institutions in both public and private sector to create a good enabling environment of business in general, and MSME activities in particular.
In case you need to visit a SMEDAN office, these are the locations as stated below;
For a comprehensive list of all the SMEDAN Zonal Office Locations, zonal coordinators contact details and more information, please check the list of SMEDAN Zonal office for all of the information.
Originally posted 2011-11-10 19:43:01.